Custom Night is the sixth and secret night of Fredbear's Fright. It is not canon to the plot of the game so has not chronological placement in regards to the other nights. It is activated through the extras menu after completing Night 5.
The tactics needed for Custom Night very depending on the active animatronics. The player is able to active or deactivate any animatronic and seat their AI difficulty level to a max of 20. Setting an animatronic to 0 will disable them for that particular play through. All animatronics follow the same behavior patterns used during the main gameplay:
- Dismantled Fredbear begins in CAM 1A and will enter the office through CAM 4B. The player needs to pull the Hydrolysis lever when he is in the office to drive him off.
- Dismantled SpringBonnie begins in CAM 1A and will enter the office through CAM 4B. The player needs to close the right vent to drive him off.
- Prototype begins in CAM 1B and will charge the office if left alone for too long. The player needs to periodically check CAM 1B to keep him in place, or close the left door if he is approaching the office.
- Scrapped Mousiki begins in CAM 7 and will appear at the left door. If the player sees him at the door when using the light, the door needs to be quickly closed.
- Scrapped FredBear will periodically call the phone in the office and give a random code. The player needs to quickly input the code into the panel on the right to reset it.
- Hand Puppets will attempt to enter the office through CAM 4B. The player needs to close the right vent to drive them off.
Custom Night does not have any preloaded challenges, and completing the night on any difficulty setting does not award the player with anything, other than a sense of accomplishment.
- The only animatronic unable to be activated during Custom Night is Fright.
- Custom Night is the only time that the two Hand Puppets can be active without the other also being active and on the same difficulty.
- Beating Custom Night on 7/20 mode does not award the player with a star on the start screen.